In our first month of cutting our ties with Amazon, we have taken the following steps.
1. Spouse cancelled her Prime subscription
2. Shifted all book purchases to a trustworthy list of independent booksellers, with Powell’s as our primary go-to.
3. Cancelled all “subscribe-and-save” subscriptions and found new and economical sources or substitutes for those items.
4. Ceased purchase of all Kindle books and began buying used hard copy editions from independent bookstores.
5. Began transcribing my Amazon Prime Music playlists in preparation for terminating Prime and beginning a long term effort to acquire LPs, DVDs, and legitimate digital recordings of my favorites.
Leave a Reply